BCS Error connecting

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

maybe someone can push me into the right direction here. I have a virtual machine setup with sharepoint and also installed Aras Innovator 9.2. On the Database setup page for aras i chose Configure Only (because i got a script error if i do it differently). I installed and then restored the database from the aras folder (CoreAndsolutions9.2). First Question: The Part Table is empty here? Is this intended behaviour?

Then i tried to setup everything for sharepoint. I opened the solution in Visual studio and did as the documentation suggested. I deployed the webparts and the bcs project. Then i created the external list and pointed the content type which was created from the visual studio solution. When the list tries to connect it ends up with an error stating that my user doesn't have permission to connect.

"MethodInstance with Name 'ReadList' on Entity (External Content Type) with Name 'PartEntity' in Namespace 'Rzrlf.SP.Innovator.Bdc.PartBdcModel' failed unexpectedly. The failure occurred in method 'ReadList' defined in class 'Rzrlf.SP.Innovator.Bdc.PartBdcModel.PartEntityService' with the message 'The requested login failed for user admin.'.

But I made a 100% sure that in the setup page for aras i entered the correct credentials. What am i doing wrong here? Can someone help me please?

Best,

Oli

Developer
Feb 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Hello Oli,

Please make sure you have a valid Aras license and try again.  Hopefully that resolves the login error you're experiencing.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply. I dug a bit deeper and found at least another problem. The license should be valid, i got it from the website by entering the mac address. When i call up the url i receive an faultcode: "The database is not available" - but i can access it using the credentials passed directly via management studio though.

When i go through this inside the sourcecode i receive the following error: "SOAP-ENV:ServerInvalid object name 'USER'.Invalid object name 'USER'.System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException exception during initialization ApplyItem in .Net SqlClient Data Provider"

Do you have any more hints on this?

I also have SharePoint installed on the same machine and started the default website to be able to access the aras url: http://localhost/InnovatorServer/Server/InnovatorServer.aspx

Can it be a problem with the port 80 occupied by sharepoint and aras?

Developer
Feb 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Oli,

This might be an ownership issue in the database.  The following SQL is used to sync the SQL Server login with the user in the restored database:

sp_change_users_login 'update_one','innovator','innovator'

go

sp_addrolemember 'db_owner','innovator'

go

Give that a shot and see if it resolves your issue.